Wednesday 19 June 2013

Adventures in Mind by Heather Dawe

"Each of us is only here for a brief time. Part of why I find contentment when high in mountains is because I find their age, their relatively infinite nature, reassuring. I am just a flash in the pan compared to the Cumbrian fells or the jagged, snow-capped Alps. I don't find that a depressing thought. While the mountains remind me of my mortality and fallibility, they also put my fears and worries into context. The stark reality that strikes me when surrounded by beautiful towering peaks is that nothing really matters. This serves to remind me to make the best of everything, enjoy the moment, indulge the good and forget the bad. I'm only around for the blink of an eye. Make it count." 
Adventures in Mind by Heather Dawe

http://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/biography/adventures-in-mind-a-personal-obsession-with-the-mountains.html

No comments:

Post a Comment