Tuesday 12 February 2013

Yorkshire Artspace and Bloc Studios

Yesterday was my first proper day in Sheffield. I started my course with Yorkshire Artspace which i enjoyed a lot. There were quite a few people there and it was nice to see such a variety of makers and artists in one room. We heard from a couple of speakers who came in to talk about their practice and we started to look at where we all individually wanted to be and realistic steps that we needed to get there. The wealth of knowledge shared by the people on the course is reason enough to go, one lady gave me two very useful contacts one of which was for a studio space. After the course had finished i rang up the number she gave me and went to look at the shared studio space he had available. It was super cheap and small but big enough for what i need it for. I got a really good feeling from the place and i was so excited i decided to take the space there and then :) I'll take some photos of the place when i get the chance and upload on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment